Sunday, September 19, 2004

The word is spreading

about the IE jpg buffer overflow critical vulnerability I already mentioned in an earlier post. Among others, even the good old beep has talked about it:

BBC News - Technology: Image flaw exposes Windows PCs. Satisfactory. The more people hear about it the better.

And even more than satisfactory is another word spreading: the one about Firefox. The original idea was one of a million downloads in ten days; it happened in just a bit over FOUR!!!
Way to go,
Foxxie!

And yes, I am aware that I am probably sounding a bit silly, but I haven't been excited over any online - aside from personal endeavours which involve only me and personal friends and are an entirely different issue - for years. "Take back the web," one of the slogans on the Firefox promotional buttons describes it perfectly, people after years of stagnation, and victimization by a staggeringly bad software, refusing to accept the unacceptable. And more power to all who do!

Hm, two new ideas for Firefox buttons, too:

Empower yourself: Get Firefox!
Liberate your PC: Get Firefox!

I'll make them latter in the week . . .



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home