Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Firefox Mini Tutorial: Using Small Icons

I didn't think it was really necessary to comment on something that seems that obvious to me, but after several people asked me if I could make my themes for Firefox in a small icon version as well - I made just one, to see if it can be done and they answer to that is yes, though it's small icons only then - I came to the conclusion that they are probably unaware that icon size can be change, or don't know how to do it.

It's really very easy:
Put your mouse anywhere over empty space in the navigation bar.
Right click, then select "Customize" from the pop up menu that appears.
At the bottom of the customization window, check "Use small icons."
Click "Done" to make the window disappear again and small icons replace the larger ones in the navigation bar.

That's all there is to it, really. Beyond that, the same process can be used to add or remove icons from the navigation bar, to make functions you often use accessible with one click, or remove those you don't need or want.

For further customization, there are also a variety of additonal toolbars available at Mozilla Update, but more about those another time.

PS: The above described way of switching icon size is the way I do it, but upon reading it, my friend nosebleed pointed out that there also is another way, which is through Menu > View > Toolbars > Customize.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, nosebleed. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home